Some members of the APC caucus in the Senate ganged up against Senator Ali Ndume and had him removed as the Senate Majority leader.
The group of Senators thereafter replaced Ndume with Ahmed Lawan.
Premium Times had reported that a letter titled, ‘Notice of Vote of No Confidence/Change of Leadership’ was read by Senate President Bukola Saraki.
Well the list of Senators who signed the document that pushed for Ndume’s removal has surfaced.
Senator Ali Ndume represents Borno South, while Senator Ahmed Lawan represents Yobe North.
APC has 63 members in the 109-member Senate.
Full list of the APC Senators who endorsed Ndume’s removal include:
- Dino Melaye, Kogi West;
- Ibrahim Abdullahi, Sokoto South;
- Francis Alimikhena, Edo Central;
- Suleiman Nazif, Bauchi North;
- Donald Alasoadura, Ondo Central;
- Benjamin Uwajumogu, Imo North;
- Mustapha Bukar, Katsina North;
- Rafiu Adebayo, Kwara South;
- Jibrin Barau, Kano North;
- Baba Garbai, Borno Central;
- Usman Nafada, Gombe North;
- Kabiru Marafa, Zamfara Central;
- Olugbenga Ashafa, Lagos East;
- Tijjani Kaura, Zamfara North;
- Suleiman Hunkuyi, Kaduna North;
- Ubali Shittu, Jigawa Northeast;
- Shehu Sani, Kaduna Central;
- Magnus Abe, Rivers Southeast
- Aliyu Abdullahi, Niger North;
- Umaru Kurfi, Katsina Central
- Abubakar Yusuf, Taraba Central;
- Joshua Dariye, Plateau Central;
- Ibrahim Gobir, Sokoto North;
- Shaba Lafiagi, Kwara South;
- Isa Misau, Bauchi Central
- Babajide Omoworare, Osun East
- Yahaya Abdullahi, Kebbi North;
- Kabiru Gaya, Kano South;
- Ali Wakili, Bauchi South
- Ahmed Yarima, Zamfara West;
- Sabo Mohammed, Jigawa Southwest;
- Ahmed Lawan, Yobe North;
- Olarenwaju Tejuoso, Ogun Central;
- David Umaru, Niger South;
- Abdullahi Gumel, Jigawa Northwest
- Monsurat Sunmonu, Oyo Central;
- Binta Masi, Adamawa North;
- Danjuma Goje, Gombe Central; and
- Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano Central.