Former Governor Rotimi Amaechi has denied fresh allegations leveled against him by a Supreme Court Judge, Justice Sylvester Ngwuta.
Justice Ngwuta claims he was being victimized by the Buhari led administration for refusing to help APC win governorship election cases involving Ekiti, Rivers and Ebonyi states.
He alleged the former Rivers Governor demanded that he influenced the judgement on behalf of the ruling party.
Rotimi-Amaechi has reacted to the allegations, describing them as dubious.
The statement reads in part: “Our attention has been drawn to the allegations leveled against Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi-Amaechi, by Justice Sylvester Ngwuta.
“In response we state that:
- The Hon. Justice Ngwuta’s allegation as it concerns Amaechi is nothing but pure fiction.
- It is a dubious and diversionary tale concocted to muddle the very serious issues of his arrest and investigation by DSS.
- Rotimi-Amaechi did not and has never tried to lobby, induce or make the Hon. Justice Ngwuta to influence the outcome of any matter before the Supreme Court or any other court.
- The Hon. Justice Ngwuta’s narrative is a fallacy designed to distract from the investigation of acts of corruption against him.
- It’s indeed very sad and most unfortunate that the Hon. Justice Ngwuta had decided to drag the name of the Honorable Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), into his fabricated allegations.
- Again, We make bold to state that Amaechi did not and has never lobbied, approached or attempted to make the CJN or any other Justice of the apex court to influence the Supreme Court judgment on the Rivers State and Ekiti State Governorship Elections petition appeals or any other matter before the apex court or any other court.
- We have observed a carefully planned and coordinated political attempt to drag Amaechi into the DSS arrest and investigation of judges in Nigeria.
- The aim of the plot is two-fold: to smear and politically destroy the image and reputation of Amaechi, and deceitfully portray him as the person behind the arrest of judges.
- We are aware of a well-timed, heavily funded plot to “take out” Amaechi politically.
- It appears that Justice Ngwuta and Justice Inyang Okoro have wittingly or unwittingly been conscripted into this devious politics of “destroy Amaechi by all means.”
- Amaechi is not and cannot be behind the arrest and investigation of the Hon. Justice Ngwuta.
- He should kindly leave Amaechi alone and face the issues he has with the DSS.
- Amaechi is talking with his lawyers.
- He will explore lawful channels to seek redress for this gross defamation against his character and person.”