The candidate of All Progressives Congress, Godwin Obaseki, in the Edo State governorship election has won a total of 13 LGAs so far collated by INEC.
Obaseki has got 282,118 votes while PDP’s Ize-Iyamu polled 231,336 Ize-Iyamu.
The results of one LGA is pending.
The results collated and released by INEC so far are:
- Owan West LGA APC: 12, 862; PDP: 10,132
- Egor LGA APC: 26,177; PDP: 19,514
- Esan North East LGA APC: 9,130 PDP: 16,220
- Igueben LGA APC: 7,802 PDP: 7,560.
- Uhunmwonde APC: 10, 911 PDP: 8,667
- Esan South East LGA APC: 9,554 PDP: 11, 466
- Oredo LGA APC: 37,612 PDP: 30,492
- Owan East LGA APC: 21, 233 PDP: 12, 889
- Esan West LGA APC: 13, 114 PDP: 16,311
- Orhionmwon APC: 15, 262 PDP: 16, 446
- Etsako Central LGA APC: 10,373 PDP: 8,827
- Esan Central APC: 9,781 PDP: 10,180
- Ovia North East: APC: 17,561 PDP: 13,141
- Etsako East LGA APC: 18,078 PDP: 12,552
- Etsako West LGA APC: 29,199 PDP: 10,843
- Ikpoba-Okha LGA APC: 33,469 PDP: 26,096
- Akoko Edo LGA APC: 24,545 PDP: 13,027
Results are trickling in from the just concluded governorship elections.
PDP had claimed their candidate was leading, but fortunes seems to have reversed as the APC candidate has overtaken the PDP.
Edo North comprises six local governments’ areas. APC have so far won 13 local government areas.
INEC had used the election to test-run its new polling processes introduced under the Electoral Act.