This news house has obtained an intact copy of the demands by the new militant group, Niger Delta Avengers, and what they want the Buhari led administration to do before they cease all hostilities with the government.
In a statement released by its spokesperson, Col. Mudoch Agbinibo, they list 11 demands the federal government must fulfill. Below is the full text:
“We are a group of young Niger Deltans who have support from other parts of Nigeria, namely Northern, Western and Eastern part of the Country.
“We have watched with keen interest, the way and manner in which the president Muhammadu Buhari Led APC government runs the affairs of this country, and we not pleased with the way things are going. For instance, the so-called anti-corruption fight is directed towards perceived enemies of the government, and those that are sympathetic to former President Goodluck Jonathan.
“We wonder why this persecution, despite the peaceful manner Jonathan handed over government to All Progressive Congress, APC. When they did not even the win the 2015 election because he was after lives of Nigerians as he saw that the APC is blood tasty.
“So far the only two governorship elections that were conducted under this government were and still remain the most controversial elections in the history of this nation.
“The 2016 budget that was presented to the national assembly is full of fraud, yet nobody has owned up to the frauds spotted in the budget by Nigerians and the national assembly.
“The president has not deemed it fit to expose and prosecute those that are behind these frauds and punish them accordingly, because he is neck dip in these frauds. What kind of anti-corrupt fight is this?
“This is the time Nigerians need to say the truth and stand by it. There must be a revolution to deliver this country from the hands of this wicked administration now. Imagine all the appointees to the president are all his relations eg DSS, Customs, INEC, and so on. We can no longer continue like this. There is a serious and biting hunger in the land. So many persons have lost their jobs under this Buhari led administration, while his wife and children party by the day in Aso Rock Villa.
“Therefore, we have chosen to start this revolution to free our country from these vampires and the APC led government. We are hereby giving president Buhari two weeks ultimatum to do the following things urgently.
- Immediate implementation of the report of the 2014 National Conference. Otherwise, this country will break-up forcefully.
- President Buhari, the DSS, SSS and Timipre Sylva should apologize to the people of the Niger Delta region and family of Late Chief DSP Alamieyesegha for killing him with intimidation and harassment because of his party affiliation.
- The ownership of oil blocks must reflect 60% for the oil producing people and 40% for the non-oil producing people.
- The only Nigerian Maritime University sited in the most appropriate and befitting place Okerenkoko must start the 2015/2016 academic session immediately.
- The minister of transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, should apologize to the Ijaws and the entire Niger Delta people for his careless and reckless statement about the siting of the University.
- The Ogoni land and indeed ll oil polluted lands in the Niger Delta must be cleaned up and compensation be paid to all oil producing communities.
- Mr Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of IPOB, must be released unconditionally as the court said.
- The Niger Delta Amnesty program must be well funded and allowed to run effectively.
- All APC members that are indicted in any corruption related cases should be made to face trial like the PDP members. Otherwise Buhari should shamefully forget about his nonsense anti-corruption fight.
- All oil multi-nationals and foreign investors should observe this ultimatum, as their business interest in the country must be first target.
- A word is enough for the wise.
“In addition to tell the Nigeria government that we meant business we annouced we’d be blowing up Forcados oil installations. We did. We announced we’d blow up Chevron feeder channels. We did. We have warned that Abuja and Lagos are our next targets. Those close to the president should ask him to heed our demands or face the music.”