See what finally happened to that kidnapped Ambassador

A forth night ago, this media house published how an African Diplomat was kidnapped on the outskirts of Kaduna State.

The kidnap was an embarrassment to the Buhari administration, hence he ordered a level investigation to ensure the diplomat was freed.

Codex News gathered that the Ambassador was actually from A Sierra Leone.

Read Also: How Sierra Leonean Ambassador was kidnapped in Kaduna.

Reports has that following President Buhari’s order, the Nigerian Police force swung into action.

According to a statement by the spokesperson for the Nigerian Police Force, Don Awunah, “We were able to locate where he (the diplomat) was kept at about 1500 hours (1400 GMT).

“He is in sound health and has been reunited with his family,” Awunah stated.

Ambassador Nelson-Williams decided not share details of how he was released. However, his abductors had requested for a 40 million naira ransom.

It is not known whether the money was paid or not.

One thing this news house was that following the Ambassador’s kidnap, the Sierra Leonean president, Ernest Bai Koroma sent an envoy to Abuja to mediate between the captors of their diplomat.

They worked hand in hand with the Nigerian Government.

Recall that Alfred Nelson-Williams, Freetown’s defense attaché and deputy head of the country’s mission in Abuja, was kidnapped last week on his for a military passing out parade.

President Ernest Bai Koroma was in “round-the-clock contact” with his Nigerian counterpart Muhammadu Buhari, he added.

Ambassador Nelson-Williams’s kidnapping was the first in recorded history for a Sierra Leone diplomat anywhere in the world.

Read Also: Why USA cannot arrest Aisha Buhari.

The Kaduna – Abuja highway has become notorious for kidnappings.

ABC reports that A Nigerian army officer was kidnapped there last week and returned to his family after they reportedly paid 500,000 naira ($1,800).

Another military officer, a colonel was also kidnapped in the same area three months ago, and his body was found dumped on the roadside days later.